PvE - Crimson Kata Mine

Go down

PvE - Crimson Kata Mine

Post  Grigou on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Here's a tutorial for this tough dungeon. I didn't complete it yet, but I'm starting that tutorial while the strategy for the two first fights is still fresh.

Fight 1 :

So... you only have about 20-30 charms for that fight, depending on how much spirit you have, as Hard Labor hits you for 40 spirit damage at the beginning of the fight. Yeah, working in the mine is exhausting Smile Needless to say you need to put as many charms as you can in your deck as this is all you'll have to kick that nasty thief's ass. The trick of this fight is based on a good balance between armor and spirit charms as he will use lots of EAs and "spirit on yourself" if you have armor (plus it protects you from damage), and you also need lots of spirit charms to beat him. About 25 armor charms which need to grant a big amount of armor quickly should do the trick. Pyric charge and such are useless for that fight as he will destroy your armor with one blow without using an EA (and you want him to use them). So... Nerman's defender, Shield of the whale, Echo shield, etc are good for that fight. And on the spirit side... well, just use your best ones Smile A few Stunning charms can help too. A few tries and you should get the trick.

Fight 2 :

Ow... it hurts... you have 500hp less for that fight as you fell from quite a high height, and now those ants.. centipedes... whatever they are want to eat you alive, even though you are crippled... Those idiots use some aoe/dot... meaning Area of effect / Damage over time Smile They use banes on all players, to keep thing simple. So just extend their banes, cleanse yours and, as they don't give powerful blows, use some debuff charms which will nullify their melee attacks after a few rounds. And some heals are useful too as you have 500hp less.

Fight 3 :

Working on it Smile

Last edited by Grigou on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PvE - Crimson Kata Mine

Post  Wazigekip on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:57 am

In Fight 1 and 2 I used exactly the same strategy as Grigou described. Not a problem so far since we're still talking about spirit and banes. Now starts the stuff I'm not specialized in. Smile

Fight 3

A really badass dragon that can deal massive amounts of damage. The fight start with a nice curse that will destroy 40 armor and ward every turn. The dragon loses lots of life for each bane, summon and curse. And that's how you want to kill it. It reduces the duration of summons and banes though, so stacking those isn't really an option. There's a curse that'll trigger if you play enough kata runes, so you want to put enough of those in your gear. That curse will give you 20 armor and ward each turn and cause the dragon to lose more life. I exhausted before the dragon died so I decided to add Persistant Disease which will also cause the dragon to lose more life. Although maybe I just didn't have enough kata runes in my gear to trigger the curse often enough. You do have to survive long enough for the curses to do their job. I've found that auras are a great way to add armor/ward. Since stuff is resolved in the same order as it is put on all the auras will trigger after the armor/ward reducing curse. So in short, Persistant Disease with auras and kata runes.

Fight 4

This fight basically comes down to 2 things. Playing vita runes causes the enemy to do more damage. Playing kata runes causes the enemy to do less damage. Well, that's the simplified explanation anyway. So just make a gear with mostly vita runes and some kata runes. Around 70% vita and 30% kata will do I think. If you have extra actions with vita or kata runes you should add all of those. After you've played 26 vita runes the enemy will kill itself.
Wazigekip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks Smile I was trying to figure out the 3rd fight but couldn't find out what triggers the dragon's combo. Now I know it's triggered by kata runes Smile

PS : Hum, I played quite a lot of kata runes but the combo doesn't trigger. Don't know why. Have a look :

Grigou being owned by a dragon

PS 2 : After checking it once again, I feel like the combo is linked to the charms [Gather Physical Essence] and [Gather Magical Essence] as the drawing of these charms is followed by the sentence : "As the dragon draws power from the mist, you feel it attracted to you as well". Moreover, when the combo starts, there is that sentence : "The essence of the charms are fusing together to form a new effect!".
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  revoklaw on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 am

My understanding is that both Gather Physical Essence and Gather Magical Essence have a hidden effect that's something like "If target played a kata rune in the last 3 turns, activate" and then Murky Defense triggers the combo only if *both* hidden effects were activated. Also when one of the gather essence charms is activated, you get that text you noticed about the dragon drawing power. (I'm not sure about the 3 turns thing, may be 2 or 4.)

So in your replay, on turn 5 the combo didn't trigger because neither effect was activated yet - it's impossible to trigger the combo on turn 5. On turn 17 it didn't trigger because Gather Physical Essence on turn 7 didn't activate. The next combo did trigger, because both of the next two gatherings were activated.

So basically, you need more kata runes or better luck. A good strategy is to use lots of kata runes that have banes on them - other than persistent disease, every bane you use should have a kata rune on it, even a really weak charm like Burn is good in this fight.

revoklaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wazigekip on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:08 am

You couldn't have posted that about an hour ago could you? Would have saved me quite some time. Smile But Revoklaw is spot on with his conclusion at every aspect. And yes, it's 3 turns. So if you would want to reliably trigger the combo you would need about 50% charms with a kata rune. unless you also use extra actions with a kata rune, in that case you can do with a few less.
Wazigekip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks guys, that is really helpful! Practice time now Smile

Edit : It works, but now I have to survive long enough... it activates twice but I never make it to the third time. I'll try to throw in some armor/ward charms or heal.
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  revoklaw on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:00 pm

I think debuffs are more useful than armor/ward, personally. Since I'm in triland anyway, here's a replay:
http://wl.attrib.org/estiah/replay/f9a76c49
The deck is about half debuffs and half banes/summons with kata runes on them.

revoklaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum