hey all!

Go down

hey all!

Post  Vitaro on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am

Ok, I'm very new to this game and come from an RPG/TCG background. Love meeting people and am a solid casual gamer. I am looking for a bit of help choosing a class.

I'm torn between the paladin/heirophant/inquisitor/warden. I do like support characters and I hate FOTM types. I perfer to play the characters that are least played and support types. Is the guild needing any of these classes or have very few or none of the above?

Cheers,

Vitaro

Vitaro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hey all!

Post  Grigou on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Hey Vitaro, thanks for stopping by the forum Wink

About your class, all our high level members are heavy damage dealers, so I'd say any support class is more than welcome.

Paladins are usually tanks and can directly protect their allies, or even heal them, so they are pretty valuable. Hierarchs are pretty good also as they can accumulate willpower and then use it to deal some pretty good healing. Inquisitors... as far as I'm concerned, I don't like them much. I've never liked spirit-decks and it is their main strength. They also have some pretty nice banes, but I'm not a big fan of banes either Smile They deal damage over time or make enemies run out of charms, which theoretically makes them a good 1vs1 class, but a poor team-friendly character (I never had one though Wink). And Warden, I don't like them much either. But the best thing to do for you is to check this wiki page and check the class charms of the classes you're interested in Wink
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vitaro on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:58 am

Great, I'll go with a Paladin then. They've always held a soft spot with me.

thanks for the quick reply!

Vitaro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korhdril on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Brief word of warning - Paladin is somewhat (right now, anyway) considered by the uber-players to be the most difficult class to play. If you want an easy "win button" mode, Paladin isn't it. However if you like a bit of a challenge, and having to think a bit when you make your gear sets, Paladin as a good choice, and everything else Grig said about it is true too.

I play a Slayer myself, which has some of the same problems. The class and rune charms designed for my class (in this case, lightning) tend to get weaker as you get higher in level. Paladins though have some unique abilities that other classes don't have that you might enjoy, though. Just didn't want you to get too discouraged, although you might from time to time; stick through the rough patches and it'll get rewarding.
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum