PvE - Water of Life

Go down

PvE - Water of Life

Post  Grigou on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:15 pm

So, this is the first dungeon tutorial I do. I'm pretty proud that I found out how to beat it on my own Very Happy

1st fight :

After a few turns, the enemy uses a charm which deals 140 magic per bane and curse to both himself and the player. So a deck with plenty of banes is enough, long ones if possible (Persistent Disease is pretty good here, one more time) and maybe a few wards so that you don't get one-shot as well.

2nd fight :

This fight is not too difficult but it requires some specific charms which deal damage to allies, such as Deflagration and Nhyle's Compassion (this one is an epic charm, pretty difficult to drop, so you'd better focus on getting Deflagration). When the Sludge is dead, you just have to kick the other guy's ass by dealing good damage Smile.

3rd fight :

This fight is pretty funny. The enemy only has 14 spirit, but he also has 110 Willpower and sometimes nulls your spirit attacks, so forget about spirit charms. Moreover, he will give lots of extra actions, so that you eventually use like 6 or 7 charms in a row in one turn. He also nulls most direct attacks, so no way taking him out this way. But, even though he has 1800hp, you'll have to kick his ass. The only way I found to beat him is to have a Bane deck and 5 Blood Drake Curse. So plenty of Dynamites and all kind of banes which activates after a few turns, such as Phantom weapons (Phantom Cutlass, Phantom Dirk, etc), Unholy Claw, Crystal Boomerang, etc. "+ banes" are also very useful (Staff of decay, Side Effect, etc) and, very important, you also need Willpower and Cleanse charms as he uses both spirit and damaging banes. I used Fury of the elements (for cumul willpower and armor), Claws of Dark Wisdom, etc, and Pure Water for the cleansing effect. When killed, he might drop charms which add extra actions to the enemy, so you'll be able to take him out by making him run out of spirit as soon as you get about 4 of those (Death Spin).

4th fight :

This fight is the easiest one, I didn't even have to create a new deck, I used a full melee damage deck. So constant power boosters and multi attacks are the key. Blood Pact, Release Karma, Hyphused weapons, etc, for the cpb, and multi attacks such as Slash and Thrust, Corrupted Fireblade. As an Assassin, I used Finishing moves as well, but there are probably other multi hits charms that can be used. It can probably also be easily taken out with magic damage, even though I haven't tried (Ice Spikes for multihits).

There, done Smile
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PvE - Water of Life

Post  Korhdril on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:57 pm

My experience with the first fight is that occasionally I'll die at the same time, because of the bad timing of too many banes coming up before it does the Violent Reject thing. I've thrown a few wards into the deck to try to even out the RNG, but this one is still 50/50 for me.

For the second fight - it's actually not too hard to tank this one and exhaust the seeder. The seeder only has 60 spirit, so you can mix in some voodoo heads along with all the various protection charms - and since you have a buddy those "if you are defending then xxx..." charms work well too to boost up your ward or willpower, etc. If you win the 2nd fight with the sludge alive (which I've found is a more consistent way to succeed, rather than watching all of my deflagrations come up right as I die, typically) you also get a Parasitic Sludge as a pet, for what that's worth. I just feed it to my hamster.

The 3rd fight is originally designed for projection decks, although other methods will work. Since I was a sage before a slayer, I have a huge collection of sage projection charms which sucked in the 30s. Here, they really shine. Once you build up a little armor/ward, the projections hit constantly and aren't subject to ongoing negative or one-turn modifiers. With the projection deck, I've never lost this fight. If you weren't a sage, though, it gets a little tougher going that route and Grig's advice may be easier. Things like the old Ward Projection from Sheypar works well here, plated slap, etc. There are a bunch of non-class projection charms out there but I don't remember how easy they are to get to. Also remember to throw in 5-10 cleanses along the way - he puts a spirit and bleed debuff on you which can hurt badly when you're executing 7-8 turns in a row due to forced EAs. Grig is absolutely right about the Death Spins, once you can get them, if you want to go that route too. Note that Weaver's Gloves also force enemies into an extra action, if you've crafted them.

The fourth fight is sometimes a challenge for me, because I can't brute force it as a slayer. The gimmick of the fight is to reduce a combination of the two of the three protections he has on himself to zero (armor and ward, armor and willpower or ward and willpower), so that he does 2000 damage to himself. Do that five times, he dies. I've taken to using the old armor/ward destruction charms (acid cloud, veil of destruction) with some evened CPB (forbidden vitamin) and dual-hit charms. Earth decks here would be awesome, but my earth abilities suck. Sylan weapons work pretty well too, and stuff like frigid hammer are in my deck for this one. I also throw in a few voodoo heads or intimidates, because he does a willpower projection attack which can hurt if you have little ward in the deck. For me, because I don't really have a strong spirit attack, draining his armor/ward has been the easier path. Your mileage may vary.

I sorta like this dungeon because there's indeed a couple of different ways of getting through it. Most of the high level dungeons are pretty strategy-specific, but this one lets you attack it a couple of different ways. Kudos to you for figuring it out though, Grig! I had to cheat on the first fight because I just could not figure out what was going on...

Last edited by Korhdril on Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Well, I "cheated" on most of the dungeons in this game, so completing this one is not much to be proud of, but thanks anyway Wink It's interesting what you said about the last fight, that he deals damage to himself if you bring 2 out of 3 of his protections to zero, I never noticed that. Same for the 3rd fight, I never thought about the projection-way Smile
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wazigekip on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Let me give me my approaches as well then.

Fight 1:

It requires 6 banes to kill the enemy, so I threw in all my banes with duration 6. And a few with duration 7 because I only have 10 banes with 6 duration. the enemy can do 6 spirit damage, so 15 charms is enough. And I fill it up with some extra action ward to prevent myself from dying if the enemy would release his damage with 7 banes.

Fight 2:

I just used a spirit deck here. With a little armor/ward and Magebane Poison thrown in.

Fight 3:

I went the willpower destruction way here. A few Cataclysms and Nightmares go a long way. And some spirit banes to do that remaining spirit damage. And I filled the rest up with cleanse charms to get rid of the enemy's banes.

Fight 4:

I suck at melee, so that's not an option. But reducing willpower and ward to 0 is. I used my Shaman ward destruction charms here. Along with Nightmares and spirit banes. And I filled the rest up with bane extenders. The spirit damage makes his behavior a little unpredictable, but after a while the spirit and magic damage is enough to reduce his willpower and ward to 0 every turn.
Wazigekip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  seniunas on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 pm

F1 and F4 same tactic as already writed, so i'll write my tactics for others 2

F2 some wp, banes, banes extenders, magebane is a must, and saving ally or killing him with deflagration is up to you

F3 i do it with spirit/wp destruction, but i think Hypnotic Pendulum should work here too, gonna try someday, when have mats to craft it

seniunas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down