PVE - Statue of Lies

Go down

PVE - Statue of Lies

Post  Grigou on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Why not try this one also? Smile

Statue of Lies Level 47

This is the most RNG dependent of the three fights, and also requires the most specialized charms. First thing you'll notice, the statue has 20,000 health...you're not killing this thing. On the plus side he only has 72 Spirit. Your wonderful friend the accursed fog however, gives him 160 willpower on top of that though. This statue uses spirit damage and projection damage, lots of both. He can project up to 900 damage in one turn and his spirit damage goes up one every single round of turns.

Someone has to absorb all this spirit damage, this is going to require as much willpower as you can find, especially cumulative willpower. Chromatic Boots, Mind Cheer, Jade Earring, Glorious Keepsake and Challengers Relic are pretty much required. If you have Guardian Angel and can use it I suggest that as well, you'll need some protects in here as well to make sure you get the absolute most out of your jade earrings, which might be the most important asset you have in this fight. You don't have to worry about it targeting you for the spirit attacks, all you need to do are make sure you start the fight with less charms than your teammates, additionally you shouldn't have to worry too much about using armor or ward, as in general his attacks aren't going to be too strong.

Someone else has to use melee, and a lot of it, without using the buff rune. Once again, you need someone with as many hyphused weapons and double hits as possible. If the Statues armor gets too high, and he uses his projection attack your willpower tank is dead, which means game over, additionally any aura reducers are good here, use evil crusher if you have it, it will help your willpower tank. Use more charms than the tank, but less than the 3rd member discussed below.

You have to kill this thing by yourself. So you better have great spirit charms. You get to use the buff rune in this fight solely for dark heirloom, and you will need it. Any and all willpower destruction is good here, key charms include nightmare, colithon skull, withering touch, mind piercer, robes of majesty and anything that does a ton of spirit or willpower destruction, additionally you might want to use crown of prestige, it could help your tank. As soon as you break through the 160 willpower the statue goes crazy and his charm order is randomized, this can work to your advantage or disadvantage, as he might just start stacking loads of armor, or he might hit you three times in a row for 17 spirit damage. You need to use the least amount of charms of any of your party members to ensure being attacked last, you won't last long after the melee user is killed, but one or two turns may be all you need to finish him off.

Statue of Lies in a nutshell
Person 1: Willpower tank
Person 2: Tons of melee
Person 3: Tons of Spirit and Willpower Destruction
*Don't use any of the same runes, I know it's tempting, but you will die instantly

As far as I'm concerned, I can't willpower tank, I don't have the right charms for that. And I can't build a proper spirit deck either. Only thing I can do is melee damage. Hope you have better willpower and spirit charms than me Smile
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PVE - Statue of Lies

Post  Korhdril on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Yeah I'm not sure this is possible yet. I could possibly willpower tank, but my spirit charms are terrible because Power is my dump stat. In fact there's even an entry in the "Estiah tournament" on the forums right now called "Power dump stat? Sucks to be you!" which I thought was pretty funny/depressing. Having power as the dump stat makes the game a LOT harder... wish I'd known that a year ago.

Hmm. I have some OK willpower charms - I regularly farm the High Trial of Domination. I have Glorious Keepsake x3, Challenger's Relic x5 and Chromatic Boots x5 but only x1 Jade Earrings. I have 5x Mind Cheer but am about 25 short on the Con to use it. I think before we went anywhere on this I'd have to go try to farm the Jade Earrings.

All this assumes too that Belial doesn't mind getting stuck with being the spirit deck.
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wazigekip on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:32 am

I don't have any personal experience with high level fights. But maybe I can give some usefull advise here. It's up to you to decide that. My strategy is only based on theoretical assumptions, so I might be way off.

I think the 3 roles should indeed be filled with a willpower tank, a melee damage user and a spirit user. In this case I think that stacking banes and using lots of bane extenders is the way to go. Since the enemy never cleanses and is quite predictable.

If Grigou took the scout->rogue->assassin path then he has lots of melee banes wich will keep the armor down.

Nightmare, colithon skull and tainted marrow are nice spirit banes which will be really effective if you can keep extending those. And vicious circle will be really effective with all those banes.

I you have Mind-disrupting blade or hilt of saiph than those can cripple the opposing spirit attacks.

And really usefull, since you have a slayer you have access to purge. That will remove all the ongoing spirit bonusses.

That would mean that the following rune types would be used:

Grigou:
twinblades
spear
sword

Belial666:
spirit
buff
shadow

Kohdril:
lightning
willpower
tech

So there is still a little freedom for the other 11 rune types. And even the 3 attack types of Grigou could be changed if there would be other important charms with those runes. Since there are probably enough melee attack charms with other runes.

The runes on bane extenders are quite different. So those can be used by multiple persons. But it looks like the spirit user is the most important, so those should be used by the other 2 players as much as possible. especially by the melee user, since the melee banes will decrease the melee charms that are needed.

The downside of this tactic is that the projection attacks will be quite damaging during the first couple of rounds. But since the target for those attacks is random it will probably be divided enough so that nobody will die because of damage.

I did make some assumptions on the charms you have. You probably do not not have all those high level charms yet. But as long as you have a reasonable amount of bane extenders and a couple of those spirit charms I think you might have a chance.
Wazigekip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:58 pm

We'll give that a try, but we can't use tech charms as doing so result in the instant death of the player who used one (it happened to Belial Shocked ). The idea is interesting though. Plenty of banes (damage and spirit), a few Blood drake curses also and we might have a chance.
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wazigekip on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Ah, the tech rune is of course used by the accursed frog. I missed that. That would mean that purging is not an option. It is however still possible to use energy bloom to normalize the statue.

I am not sure blood drake curses will have an effect. I think those only affect banes that have their full effect after x turns, but leaves banes that do something every turn uneffected. That is the impression I get from reading the description at least, I have not yet seen it in action.
Wazigekip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korhdril on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:11 pm

That's indeed correct, Blood Drake Curse only affects delayed banes, not immediate ones. Ongoing banes aren't affected by it.
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Good to know, I'll remember that.
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content