PvE - Statue of Discord

Go down

PvE - Statue of Discord

Post  Grigou on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Some guy from another forum wrote:Statue of Discord Level 46

This one is a little harder, and definitely more dependent on the RNG. First and most important difference, you have an ally! He has 3000 HP, infinite spirit, sounds great right? Not really, all he can do is tank damage for you, however, that is exactly what you need in this fight. Why you might ask? Well this statue has 3 attacks, all of them do about 300 damage a piece and he has 8000 HP. However he does have some limitations, he focuses once per round of turns on the person with the highest spirit. Which means every 5 or 6 turns he's focusing on your ally, who has infinite spirit. Which leads us to our first character.

Someone has to help your ally, the Warding Pillar stay alive longer, the longer he stays alive, the longer he keeps the Statue from targeting you, but how does that work? You need to make the Statue target one of your members by using protects, Now I am not saying use a ton of protection, however taking the hit occasionally for the pillar is a very good thing, for one, you can use armor and ward, which he can't, for another thing you can heal, which he can't. Other than building up armor and ward and using protection your time will be best spent debuffing the Statue so that he deals less damage to both yourself and the Pillar. Fill in the blanks with whatever you can to help the damage output or armor/ward destruction for your partners, I used banes such as persistant disease and grim presence, anything you can do to keep your HP up is important. Finding the right amount of protection charms is key in this fight and something that will have to be tinkered with. The other important aspect of this person is using more charms than anyone else, when and if that pillar dies, you need to be the person it targets next, and you can make sure that you are by always having more spirit than the other two players in your group.

Ok so that's one person for this dungeon, what about the other two? Well while Person 1 and your ally have been taking all the damage, you two need to be getting this thing down from 8000 health to 0, no simple task, especially considering you can't duplicate charms (mainly the buff charm). Whoever can do most damage, needs to have the least amount of charms in their deck, so that they are targeted last and can keep on killing. The most effective way to do this is to have a magic user and a melee user. Let the magic user use buffs such as the melee user has the advantage of the hyphused weapons. Anything with a multihit is an asset here so get out those nightmare blades, slash and thrusts, ice spikes and the like. Enhancing light can be a great help to a magic user as well.

Although this is the easiest way to accomplish this, as long as you have two people doing a ton of damage without overlapping charms it will work. For example I have done this many times over with a Tank, Melee user and a summoner, but generally speaking building a large ongoing modifier on both of the attackers is optimal.

Statue of Discord in a Nutshell
Person 1: Some Protect, Lots of armor, ward, debuff, healing, use most spirit
Person 2 & 3: Do 8000 damage, best attacker uses least spirit
*once again, do not overlap runes

So, I think we can try with the same strategy first. I added a few wards in order to have a higher spirit and keep being the one being focused after our ally dies. If it's not working out, we'll have one tank and two damage dealers. One will be using Hyphused weapons only and the other one will use buffs and we'll have to split the use of different weapons between them. Or, in case the enemy doesn't use wards, the other damage dealer could use magic only. We'll have to give it a try. Party up Smile
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PvE - Statue of Discord

Post  Korhdril on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:30 pm

I didn't use any buff runes first time through, not knowing if anyone else had any in their decks or not. I only used magic runes, and at that, only lightning, fire, ice and holy. Since it's a disadvantage for magic not having as good CPB charms (hence all the whining in the forum about why melee is so much stronger these days), I went with a projection deck. It did fairly good damage when it hit (note that I had a few hits of 100 magic from Frozen Arc with no CPB boost) but doesn't build consistently, which is a downside. It was also unfortunate that Belial got targeted after Grig died instead of me, I should probably add some charms in to boost my spirit to so he gets targeted last.

Magic doesn't have the Hyphused type charms available (yet), so I can't get 25 charms with +ongoing for magic that also deal damage in the same turn. There are some catalyst charms that have magic runes on them in Night Tear (requires farming the lvl 24 dungeon or something) but they're only +ongoing, so it's a turn where I do no damage if I use them. I put one Fire Catalyst in my deck, as it's all I have atm. I could put some buff runes in my deck if no one else is using them.

Grig, you might consider adding debuffs, like Persistent Disease especially or Death Sentence, to give us a little more damage like it said in the cheat notes up there. I noticed though that you had built up such a defense that once the Pillar went down you were pretty indestructible for quite a while.

EDIT: I do have 5 Ice Spikes which would also help here... except I don't have the heavy Dex required to use them yet. Sad
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Ok, we can try it this way, and I could add a few Persistent disease like you said, but I think it would be a bit better if both damage dealers were using the same type of attacks as we wouldn't have to take both armor and ward down. But it could work, as you said, some of your magic attacks are pretty powerful and you can use buff charms as Belial is not using any. I'll create a different tanking deck than for Statue of illusions.

Edit : Party up. Actually, after working on this build for a while, I'm using quite a lot of Debuff runes to reduce the enemy's melee and magic damages so that the pillar lasts longer, as well as banes, + banes and I'll also be using Blood Drake Curses, although I only have one at the moment. The banes I'm using are both damaging and debuffing so triggering them earlier without consuming them could help greatly. And they deal both magic and melee damage so we can stick to this idea that Belial is using melee damage only and Korhdril uses magic and buffs charms. I'll use armor, wards and debuffs. Let's give it a try Smile
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down