PvE - Last Echo of the Thunder

Go down

PvE - Last Echo of the Thunder

Post  Grigou on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:20 pm

It looks like the key to winning is to have quite a lot of DPS and to have some "Destroy willpower" charms in the deck. Some team constant power boosters would probably work fine too. But that's just theory. Anyone has a good build for this dungeon?
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PvE - Last Echo of the Thunder

Post  belial666 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 am

well it seems that using woefull whips, banes and some blooddrakes curses is the absolute key of succes...
throw in 5 woefull whips
a few dynamites and 5 clooddrakes curses and it seems you can finish it within 15 charms...
belial666

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 am

Ok, I'll have a look at that, thanks Smile.
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Here are a few good tips by the guild master of Maintankadin, Lemex :

Lemex, Maintankadin's guild master wrote:Notable Drops - Release Karma is a very powerful melee CPB card, and useful in a lot of fights. The other two are more niche. Ukko's Indifference is the epic here!

Overview - It's a Chimera. You're fighting a Chimera. It's kinda like Yaxion -- it normalises everyone. Unlike Yaxion though, you don't have to mess around with focus or tanks or anything, because this Chimera only has one thing on its to do list: kill you. He does a lot of damage very fast, and to completely random targets. You can't tank him effectively. Fortunately he has no minions, and very low defenses, so you want to burnnnn him hard. He has a set charm order. At the start, he gives himself 20 WP (he has unlimited spirit). At the end, for every point of WP he has left, someone takes 42 damage, so in addition to burning his health, you have to strip his WP, or you'll die.

Strategy - There are exactly two good strategies for this boss. I would recommend avoiding all others. The first is 25. This means that you have 25 cards in your deck. NO EAs. NO SELF STUNS. JUST 25 REGULAR CHARMS. The idea behind this is that he targets the person with the lowest number of charms remaining, so if you all have equal deck sizes, the damage is split evenly. The 25 strategy uses Woeful's Whip and its combo to strip away the Chimera's WP. If you don't have 5 Woefuls, you can get away with Voodoo Heads, or Nightmare. Don't use any other cards though, and expect to be yelled at / blamed if he Chaos Bolts someone for 420 damage because you had no woefuls! You want 5 cards dedicated to stripping his WP. The other 20 should be your best banes -- 7 damage a turn or higher. If you like, you can drop a few banes (2-5) for either Poison Igniters, or bane extenders. If everyone has woefuls, this strategy works well. If not, it can be slightly more risky.

The second strategy is 15. It exploits the hell out of Blood Drake Curse, from Bile, Bone, and Blood. You have 15 cards. 5 Woefuls, 5 BDC, and 5 Dynamite. You don't even really need the woefuls, you can use Crystal Boomerangs instead, because the Chimera dies in like 9 turns. The damage this does is just obscene. Really, really high. With the right draw, you can kill him in like 5 turns I think? This is very reliable.

Final Note - This is the first place where you can get Charm Alchemist R3 (from Woeful's Whip combos), which gives +20HP. You're generally much more likely to get skillups from that from 25 groups (which is another reason it's bad form to join without woefuls -- people don't get their CA points!), because he dies waaay too fast in 15.
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Korhdril on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:25 am

This is really helpful. I could not figure out what BDC was supposed to be. I'm going to farm up another woeful then try to join 25s for the CA2 skill.
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korhdril on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

So yeah, the 25c decks are pretty much guaranteed to win, unless someone screws it up. Even then, I was in a group where someone clearly had the wrong cards and we still won (even though two of us died). If everyone has a deck with 5 Woeful's Whips and the rest banes, as shown in the instructions, it's foolproof.

Best banes are things like Persistent Disease and Death Sentence. Those two plus Woeful's Whip are all found in King of No Man, so even though that place can be annoying, at least most of the charms to do this are in one place. I filled in the rest of my banes with things like Hateful Flame (something like a lv32 charm) and even 2 Duelist Consuming Flame, which I think I got at level 25 from PvP souls.

I think it would be cool if a group of us farmed these from town to town. Maybe spend a week or two in NT, then somewhere else, etc.
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:44 am

Korhdril wrote:I think it would be cool if a group of us farmed these from town to town. Maybe spend a week or two in NT, then somewhere else, etc.

Sure, could be fun Smile Let's kick those statues' ass first, at least the weakest one Wink
Grigou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum