PvE - A Shudder from the Depths

Go down

PvE - A Shudder from the Depths

Post  Grigou on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:52 pm

About this dungeon, if some of you guys care coming in Wildhowl and have some fun try to beat out that tentacle monster (let me know if you do Smile).

So, it's go 4500hp and 5 tentacles with 20hp each and 3 spirits (they last for 3 turns unless they're being killed first).

So far, I think all squad members should deal magic damage as the main opponent regularly uses a charm which reduce melee attacks by 28. And I read some stuff here and there, and found out that magic multihits help a lot, as well as group magic boosters, even though that's pretty obvious.

Last edited by Grigou on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PvE - A Shudder from the Depths

Post  belial666 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:53 am

the way to go is: banishing ice stone's, if each team member has 5 in his gear, it would be a boost of +6 ongoing for each, if 1 member uses all its +30 ongoing magic, have all 4 use it is a full boost of +120(ongoing), then i used ice scabbard also giving a minor boost, and most usefull thing to do is using: banishing flame stone with ice stone's since the vita banisment of: -16 enemies magic(ongoing), the kraken uses magic damage as main move. Other usefull magic booster is ice winds, 1 extra action and magic boost, fire oil, +8 to magic ongoing.
that would be all as far as i know, then its all to using high damage charms^^
belial666

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grigou on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks, there actually are a few charms I don't have as I focused on Melee charms and skills so far, I'll get them Smile.

About this Ice winds charm, I can't find it on Estiah Wiki. Is this the exact name ?

Last edited by Grigou on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  belial666 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

well another important thing is, try to use focus on the highest level, meaning the kraken itself xD
belial666

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korhdril on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:35 pm

The charm is Icy Winds, crafted in Windscar. They're simply the magic version of Night Cloak. As a Slayer I've been forced to use them in a lot of situations.

This might be a good target when we feel like we're done farming Night Tear ad the Statue(s). Right now I've still got work to do to get CA2 (I think I still need about 15 more successful runs to get it in Echo/Thunder) so I'm not leaving Night Tear anytime reasonably soon.

I'm also farming BBB in Draka to get the last of my Defender skill and 5 Blood Drake Curses, since it's possible to get there, do that, and return to NT in the same day. It's also handy that the 2nd fight in BBB is just a willpower tank job, so can use that same set-up to do the Trial and High Trial of Domination without having to shuffle charms.
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korhdril on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Just some observational notes on this since I've moved to Wildhowl for now to farm this place. This seems to me to be the easiest of the dragon family, really. Kephathid has 5 tentacles that each attack for 39 melee or so, and also debuff next magic by -45. However, once they're dead (either from damage or just exhaustion) everyone gets several turns to whack at Kephathid before he revives them all again. Because Kephathid has a huge melee debuff, +ongoing magic is the strat here (as already mentioned by Belial above). Combine that with Vita Banishment, since Kep only uses magic damage, and this goes pretty easy.

There's really not much point in attacking the tentacles. Every time I've been in these groups so far (about 12) they've been ignored and it hasn't mattered. Some people put Psychic Cry in their gear, which helps since it does 1 spirit damage to all of the tentacles eliminating them that much quicker, but it's not mandatory to have it. Any gear with whatever decent +ongoing magic you can get (Ice Scabbard is good, and Icy Winds with is the EA +magic in my last post) are staples. Magic CPB isn't as robust as Melee CPB since there's no Hyphused equivalent for magic. So, almost all of the +ongoing magic charms do no damage on their turn, which is sort of bleh. Enhancing Light is good here, but you'll need the attributes to use it (I don't have the con for it). Once you complete this a few times you can also get Lightflake from the shop in Wildhowl, since is a +ongoing magic aura that equals +15 once it's done. Lastly the few magic multihits that are out there are decent, if they hit after some +ongoing is built up, but the other advantage of the multihits is that the first hit on the charm will absorb the accumulated -next magic modifier if you've been hit by tentacles, then the next hit(s) on the charm will do full damage.

tl;dr
Magic gear, +ongoing; Magic multis also decent (like Ice Spikes, if you can use it; I use Forked Lightning)
Vita Banishment tech charms (Banishing Ice/Flame for example)
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum