The Tablet Hunter

Go down

The Tablet Hunter

Post  Korhdril on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 pm

This post is a walkthrough for Contest #11, which was originally released last March. Even though you obviously can't win the prize anymore, the reward for finishing all of the clues is still in the game, and I highly recommend everyone get that reward. It is a title, Tablet Hunter, but more importantly, the title gives 2 of each attribute and 25 hit points. Yes, 25. That alone makes it worth the trouble.

The contest was a puzzle, with the first clue listed in the contest text itself here:

http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=2177.0

If you would rather figure out the clues yourself, STOP READING NOW. This is a spoiler post, with a walkthrough of how to complete all the steps to try to save you some time. However, some people like to puzzle things out on their own, and I don't want to deprive them of the challenge if they don't want the solutions handed to them. More than anything I wanted to post this so you knew this was even in the game and available to everyone, since I just found it out a few days ago myself.

The Wiki post about it is here, with some semi-spoilers:

http://www.progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=11th_Contest

You will need to be at least level 17 to complete this; at that level some of these fights though will be nigh-impossible, so mid-20s is recommended.

=====

The first clue points to Eclis. Step into Thunderock Canyon, and defeat the Earth Elemental in Round 3. He'll drop a Round Keystone, a grey item which, if you're like me, you sold the first several times you did this dungeon, not knowing what it was. With the Keystone in your inventory, then perform any [gather] in Eclis, and it will reveal the special 2-mark event Cave of the Setting Sun (all of the events are 2-mark).

Defeating Cave of the Setting Sun will net you the next clue on the Sun Tablet you loot.

Take the Sun Tablet and 1 Stormeye (buy this in Eclis before you leave town!) to Wildhowl. With the Sun Tablet and Stormeye on hand, perform any [gather] and you'll automatically discover the Cave of the Vivid Earth.

Defeating Cave of the Vivid Earth nets you the Earth Tablet and the next clue.

Take the Earth Tablet and 1 Burningclover (available in Wildhowl) to Eversweep, perform any [gather] and you'll discover the Cave of the Endless Time.

Defeat Cave of the Endless Time, and you'll get the Time Tablet and the next clue.

Take the Time Tablet and 1 Ruby Shard (buy in Eclis or Skyrift, or gather from Miner 2 or Kata 2) to Lumina. [Gather] something and you'll discover the Cave of the Guiding Light.

Defeat Cave of the Guiding Light, and you'll get the Light Tablet and the next clue.

Take the Light Tablet and 1 Silk (buy in Aleas or Zeal) to Gaea's Dawn. Do a [gather] and you'll find the Cave of the Howling Wind (odd this isn't in Wildhowl, eh?).

Defeat the Cave of the Howling Wind, and you'll receive the Wind Tablet and the final clue.

Take the Wind Tablet and 1 Aqua Necklace (must be looted from gather events, you may have gotten one during this process) to Inachis. Perform the last [gather] and you'll find the Cave of Providential Balance.

Defeat the Cave of Providential Balance to receive the epic loot reward, the Cup of Balance. Use the Cup in your inventory!

TL;DR version

All steps are reached from gathering, if you have the correct items in inventory or storage you'll automatically find the next event you need on the first gather, otherwise it will never show. Note that if you sell an item accidentally or lose it, you can pick this up at any point you left off.

Items needed: Stormeye (Eclis), Burningclover (Wildhowl), Ruby Shard (Eclis), Silk (Aleas), Aqua Necklace (loot from gather event)
Aqua Necklace tips: http://www.progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Aqua_Necklace

Defeat Thunderock Canyon in Eclis (buy a Stormeye and Ruby Shard while you're here)
Defeat Cave of the Setting Sun in Eclis
Defeat Cave of the Vivid Earth in Wildhowl (buy a Buningclover here)
Defeat Cave of the Endless Time in Eversweep (buy a Silk in Aleas on your way through to Lumina)
Defeat Cave of the Guiding Light in Lumina
Defeat Cave of the Howling Wind in Gaea's Dawn
Defeat Cave of Providential Balance in Inachis

Transporter/Messenger jobs are very helpful for this treasure hunt. Combine these with your daily [Move] to maximize your efficiency!
Korhdril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tablet Hunter

Post  Grigou on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:00 am

Wow, sounds nice, I'll do that as soon as I get some AP back Smile Thanks for the trouble.
Grigou
Admin

View user profile http://nocturnalillusion.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:23 am

Nice walkthrough! Thanks, i'm definately doing this.

Philip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronzeedition on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Just finished this up, thanks Korhdril.

Bronzeedition

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content